Hi Friendly pals – I really love Offbeat Bride, it’s a great site. This blog entry made me cry and helped me gain perspective. It’s perfect and gorgeous. Enjoy ~ J
Tribe member monicawesome wrote some pretty down to Earth vows to herself in preparation for her wedding day. We think every bride could benefit from this little personal vow pep-talk. -Megs
Just a little something to remind me what it’s REALLY about… and make me laugh at myself when I get too stressed.
- This is not the most important day of my life. The day Nick and I realized we wanted to spend out lives together was much more significant than the day we will make it legal. I have had more important days than this, and I will continue to have more important days.
- I refuse to pretend to be someone I’m not in order to please other people. I will not fool myself into thinking my family and friends have to drop their lives to help me with my wedding.
- I will not put on airs. I will not kid myself or pretend to be something, or someone, that I am not. I am not wealthy, I am not a princess, I am not super-formal or cookie-cutter. I do not fit in with the crowd. I am a beautiful, elegant, unique person, and I will let my real self shine on this day.
- I will let my worries about what other people think GO, and not be swayed so easily by what other people think (but isn’t necessarily right or the best thing). I MUST remember this, no matter how much I love them.
- I will try to not be stressed. I will try to not be too sensitive, as I usually am.
- I will not lose it if the flowers aren’t everything I hoped for or the cake isn’t the color I wanted.
- I will not care if I cry too much and the pictures show it.
- I will be flexible. I will not cry if the song order is wrong, or I trip on my way out of the carriage.
- I will relax. I will take time to just enjoy all our favorite people.
- I will take in the all the love instead of worrying about when to cut the cake.
- I will kiss my groom whenever possible.
- I will kiss my mother whenever possible.
- I will think about the words during the ceremony, and feel them, and squeeze my husband’s hand.
- I will LAUGH, and HUG EVERYONE, and DANCE!