Hello my dear friends –
It’s been awhile since I have posted and for that I apologize. The wedding journey is still in full swing and now we are entering the final 6 months… almost.
A lot has happened since I have last written:
- Alex and I found a wedding venue that we love
- We put down a 25% deposit securing our late July nuptials
- I found my wedding dress
- It has arrived at (gasp) David’s Bridal
- I just have to find the time to pick it up…
- Our Save the Dates are finished (READ: corrected)
- I ordered them ahead of time and they said the wrong date/ location
- I may have lost half of my bridesmaids
- Friends drift apart, its heartbreaking
- Thankfully I have found a whole new group of women whom I adore who are fabulous and enchanting
- The stalwart, faithful “in it for the long-haul” friends I do have are now dearer to me than I could have ever imagined. I love you; you know precisely who you are.
- My mother has come up with some insanely great ideas for favors, centerpieces and bridal party adornments including my steampunk bouquet.
- This is going to be a damn good looking party y’all!
- My father has some incredible ideas for the ceremony and music that will be astoundingly symbolic and sentimental.
All in all we have a good thing going. I have finished my BA (15-year-plan, Holla!) and now look forward to focusing on the wedding and all that it entails. Been hitting the gym daily with my awesome workout buddy and figuring out what type of grooming/ pampering schedule I need to be on. Funny thing is there is no list of what you should be doing for yourself for brides. Seems like there should be. Guess I’ll have to write one up.
So much more to follow. We moved into a new place and were promptly burgled (lost my jewelry and my computer with our guest list, DRAT!) right before the holidays. We are trying to figure out which end is up in our new world. We are blessed to have found love and jobs we enjoy, so the future is bright. We’re going to be just fine.
Have a fantastic day, thank you for your continued readership!
Xo – Jenni